(27yo) Associate Professor at LPPI (CY) since September 2019
Research topics: His research focuses on developing of functional and nanostructured materials (MOF/COF, carbonaceous and polymeric materials) for energy and environment driven applications. His projects aim to get insight the influence of charged species, in particular redox-active materials, to the understanding of solid – liquid interfaces.
According, specific interests are relied on:
(1) Synthesis of functional materials with controlled electrical and ionic conductivity;
(2) Charge transfer kinetic and mass transport by evaluating different chemical structures at solid – electrolyte interfaces;
(3) Static electrical charges (supercapacitors), electrical to chemical (electrocatalysis, batteries), chemical to electrical (sensors). Also, he is interested in investigations of local electrochemical behaviors at micro/nanoscale.
e-mail: thuan-nguyen.pham-truong ‘at’ cyu.fr
Scientific production: 12 rank A publications, 1 book chapter, 1 patent.
Communications: Speaker or co-author of 12 oral presentations and 4 posters
Co-supervision: 2 PhD and 6 Master2
5 Selected publications
- PhamTruong T.N., Mebarki, O., Ranjan, C., Randriamahazaka H., Ghilane, Electrochemical Growth of Metallic Nanoparticles onto Immobilized Polymer Brush Ionic Liquid as a Hybrid Electrocatalyst for the Hydrogen Evolution Reaction, ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, 2019, 11, 41, 38265-38275
- Dau, T. N. N., Vu V. H., Cao T.T., Nguyen, V.C., Ly, C.T., Tran, D.L., Pham Truong T.N., Nguyen, T.L., Piro, B., Vu, T.T. In-situ electrochemically deposited Fe3O4 nanoparticles onto graphene nanosheets as amperometric amplifier for electrochemical biosensing applications, Sensors & Actuators: B. Chemical, 2019, 283, 52-60
- Yan, R., Ghilane, J., Phuah, K.C., PhamTruong T.N., Adams, S., Randriamahazaka, H., Wang, Q. Determining Li+-Coupled Redox Targeting Reaction Kinetics of Battery Materials with Scanning Electrochemical Microscopy, J. Phys. Chem. Lett., 2018, 9, 491–496.
- Pham Truong, T.N., Randriamahazaka H., Ghilane, J. Polymer brushes ionic liquid as a catalyst and host guest platform for an efficient bifunctional electrocatalyst for oxygen reduction and oxygen evolution reactions, ACS Catal., 2018, 8, 869–875.
- Zhou, M.; Huang, Q.; Pham Truong, T. N.; Ghilane, J.; Zhu, Y. G.; Jia, C.; Yan, R.; Fan, L.; Randriamahazaka, H.; Wang, Q. Nernstian-Potential-Driven Redox-Targeting Reactions of Battery Materials. Chem, 2017, 3 (6), 1036-1049